- What is ElfGems?
ElfGems is a tool for creating sprite sheets from 3D models.
- Why do you need it?
To create a sprite sheet from a 3D model you have to render the model. You can render it in a 3D editor or use ElfGems. If you decide to use a 3D editor you have following technical difficulties:
- a good 3D editor is expensive and requires special knowledge;
- it takes a lot of time to render multiple sprites - you cannot quickly re-render all sprites if you decide to change a small thing in a 3D model;
- you have to pack sprites manually in most cases or you have to develop a lot of scripts.
- There are another tools which creates sprite sheets. Why do I need ElfGems?
Yes, there are other tools but:
- some of them are obsolete or work with rare 3D formats which require special tools;
- most of them are targeted only to game developers and it is hard to use them in web development;
- most of them pack too fatly;
- most of them have very limited functionality.
- How to use ElfGems?
Generally sequence is simple:
- Create or buy a 3D model. It can be animated or not.
- Convert it to Ogre3D mesh format using OgreMax converter.
- Open the converted model in ElfGems.
- Configure sprites.
- Render sprite shits.
- How to get ElfGems?
For now you can get a free working prototype. It has no limitations and is enough for many cases. A fully functional version will be released later.
- I need a special feature. How I can request it?
Send your request to .